This Autumn our parish is using the 'Next Steps' discipleship groups materials from the Rebuilt Parish Association.
These groups will aim to:
(1) Offer formation in discipleship, so that we might learn how to follow the Lord better, and learn this together;
(2) Build small group communities, to help us be a community of communities, supporting each other and building each other up.
We will meet weekly, Thursday evenings 7.30pm in the hall, with tea and cake from 7.15pm. There will also be a group Thursday mornings in the committee room (for those who don't like coming out in the dark.)
The evening format will be:
7.15pm Tea and Cake, gathering in groups around tables;
7.30pm Watch a 20-minute film on as aspect of discipleship;
7.50pm Discuss the film, going through some related questions.
8.30pm Close in prayer.
The first 2 evenings will introduce the theme, each evening having a 30-minute talk by Fr Dylan followed by group discussion:
(1) What is a Disciple? October 3rd -you can listen here
(2) Making Disciples October 10th -you can listen here
The next 6 evenings will each have a 20-minute video talk by Fr Michael White of ‘Rebuilt’ followed by discussion questions. (These are available free as part of the Rebuilt 'sample resources'.):
(3) S.T.E.P.S. Intro October 17th -download the video here
(4) Practice (STEPS 2) October 24th here
(5) Serve (STEPS 3) October 31st here
(6) Engage (STEPS 4) November 7th here
(7) Tithe (STEPS 5) November 14th here
(8) Share (STEPS 6) November 21st here
The films and discussion questions will use the 'Next STEPS' discipleship materials from the Rebuilt Parish Association. Our parish enrolled as a 'Rebuilt' parish this summer.
You can subscribe to 'Worship Fully' a daily devotional email to help you pray by going to and entering your email. Click here
Group leaders (paired):
Deacon Jim Brennan & John Sinclair
Maris O'Brien & David/Theresa Soan
Emma Brookes & Fiona Martch
Mia Knight & Veronica Massey
If there is a good take up with this then we aim to make this an on-going part of our parish life.